Lipari old town: guided tour
Choose the guided tour
There are two solutions to better know Lipari, which is rich in history, traditions, art and curiosities.
At a glance! Lipari Up&Down
During this guided walking tour from Marina Lunga to Marina Corta through the acropolis you can admire the wonderful narrow streets of the island. Then, go up to the so-called castle, walking on the acropolis and see the archaeological findings. So, you’ll retrace 6000 years of history. Moreover, visit the Cathedral of Saint Bartholomew with the Norman cloister and understand the deep devotion of local people to their patron saint. Eventually, before reaching the small harbour Marina Corta, learn about the Street Art nearby.
Explore the museum! Guided visit to the Archaeological Museum of Lipari
The second choice is a guided visit to the Archaeological Museum Luigi Bernabò Brea. So, you can better know the thousand-year old history of Lipari. The richness of the ancient Lipàra can be recognized in the collection exhibited in the several museum’s rooms: from undersea archaeology to grave goods, which show the daily routine and the afterworld, then the unique collection of theatrical masks.
The guided tour lasts about 2 hours. It arouses curiosity about the Aeolian Islands, which were important in the 6th millennium BC due to the position in the Mediterranean sea.
- Walking tour from Marina Lunga to Marina Corta, on Fridays at 7:00 p.m., meeting point at the beginning of the main road Corso Vittorio Emanuele in front of the bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena
- Guided visit to the Archaeological Museum, on Tuesdays at 7:45 p.m. and on Saturdays at 10:00 a.m., meeting point in front of the museum’s ticket office
You can follow a qualified tourist guide and discover Lipari.
How to book your guided tour in Lipari
Phone +39 371 4171565 or write to email@example.com
Prices of the guided tour
Walking tour from Marina Lunga to Marina Corta
- € 10,00 p.p.
- € 5,00 from 12 to 18 years old
- Free under 11
Guided visit to the Archaeological Museum of Lipari
- € 15,00 p.p. (including € 10,00 for the entrance fee to the Museum to be paid on site)
- € 3,00 from 12 to 18 years old
- Free under 11
Choose and book your guided tour within 24h.
Upon request guided tours for pre-established groups on different days and at other hours can be organized, and in foreign languages too. Follow us on Facebook